Twitter is the newest social networking site to gain popularity. If you want to connect to people in real-time, this is the platform to use. As a business tool, Twitter is showing its usefulness but it won’t replace article marketing as a business marketing technique.
What are we saying? Let’s look at article marketing. People come to the Internet for several reasons.
One is to find useful information on a topic. When keywords are entered into a search box, it is expected to receive results that get right to the point. If you are looking for information on how to make a soufflé then you want recipes and articles about useful tips for creating a perfect soufflé.
Articles show that you are an expert in your area. They provide current information on a variety of topics for the readers. In the resource box, you can put your website address and any other pertinent facts so someone can find you.
1. The tweets are short. They are meant to be short. But, as a marketing tool, it is not in the same realm as article marketing. You have a full 450 or more words to demonstrate your expertise. If readers find your information helpful they will go looking for more.
2. Articles are versatile. Articles can also be used with software that can churn out a number of rewrites that can be used in article directories for increased visibility. Three articles with eight paragraphs each can be mixed and matched to create an infinite number of new articles for you to use.
3. Article marketing is targeted. Using keyword optimization in your articles, you are targeting those people who will look for those keywords in their search engines. With Twitter, your tweets are not so targeted. You may get a thousand people viewing your tweets but all of those people may not be interested in your business.
4. Twitter is a social network first and foremost. There are many people that use Twitter for business, but it is mostly for enjoyment. There is business applications that can help you connect with your established customers, but most don’t use it for direct sales.
5. Articles are ranked by major search engines. People can find your work. Everyone used the major search engines but not everyone is on Twitter. As long as you use SEO techniques for your articles, they will rank high and be viewed.
Article marketing won’t be replaced by Twitter anytime soon. Articles are useful for drawing in business and driving traffic to your site. Twitter is handy to communicate with existing clients or to connect with people on a personal level or make valuable business connections.
Dougles Chan is an International Head-hunter, a guru in recruitment, a trainer and a mentor. He uses the internet platform on email marketing, twitter marketing and creating new tools to maximise the efficiency in recruitment, sales and marketing. He trains and mentor individual, groups or companies on recruitment and internet technology. He is the creator of “Recruitment Apprentice”, C-Marketing, V-Marketing and T-Marketing which allows any business and sky-rocket their business traffic and sales in almost any sectors. To engage him as a mentor, trainer or consultant, please write to email@example.com . Visit his website at www.DouglesChan.com.
Permission to post this articles – You are permitted to post this article in your blog with the whole article unchanged. (Including this sentence.)