Keywords are those descriptive words, usually nouns, that are associated with specific disciplines or industries. Keywords are important because they are considered standardized for specific industries.
For example, if you were an accountant, keywords would include: cost accounting, budget analysis, auditing, tax, etc. Keywords can be critical in the world of software management and job searching.
Employers and recruiters may take your resume and cover letter (especially if sent electronically) and do a computerized search for keywords or descriptors that match the profile they are seeking. Think of it as a pre-screening process. For example, a finance director for Microsoft hiring a staff accountant might have a scan or search of resumes and cover letters completed for the words listed above, and if they aren’t on your materials,you could miss the first cut.
Keywords play an integral role in two areas of the resume screening process. One is the human element, when hiring and non hiring managers are screening resumes for words and phrases that match the criteria they are seeking.
The second is the computer search, where computers search the data on many different resumes to select those that match the words and phrases. That is how posted resumes on Web sites like Monster.com work.
Pre-screening by Personnel on Your Perfect Resum
Keywords can be very important outside the computer search arena. In many cases, the initial scan of resumes is completed by either a human resources person or an assistant to the hiring manager. Even the most competent people doing this function can only do a high-level job of resume scanning if they are not intimately aware of the position or are
not hiring for themselves. That is why it is important to keep a certain amount of “boilerplate” in your resume.
A client of ours named David Robinson comes to mind. He worked for Verizon Wireless and was curious about an advertisement he saw for a position with Ericcson. The key to that resume style was the use of the left column for a listing of accounts—that really becomes the core of the resume if you work in an account-driven environment like sales.
The hiring manager called David for an interview and told him: “We’ve had so many resumes that I told my assistant not to bring me any more unless they look like a perfect fit. The way that you listed your accounts on the first page of the resume was a great way to show us who your contacts are.” So, the initial screening was conducted by his assistant, who was only scanning resumes for key items (words, even things like industry-specific terms, product names, etc.), and his resume effectively illustrated his sales accounts.
Don’t make the readers work to learn what you’re all about. Even in a four percent unemployment environment, the competition for good jobs is too stiff.
Read on how keywords in your perfect resume will make a difference… 2500 Keywords to Get You Hired
Dougles Chan is the author of Financial Success in Recruitment Industry, Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula & Job Seeker Power Manual. He is the advisor for his clients who want to push their company or agency to a higher level. He mentors and trains individuals to personal success in recruitment business. He can be contacted at @ (65) 93880851 or email to email@example.com
Incoming search terms:
- key personnel sample (10)
- resume image (4)
- key personnel resume template (4)
- sample of resume of key personnel (3)
- example of key personnel (3)
- perfect resume (2)
- key personnel example (2)
- executive resume of key personnel example (2)
- simple resumes examples (2)
- dougleschan com why-keywords-are-extremely-important-in-your-perfect-resume (2)
- simple sample resume reply (1)
- why keywords are important in resume scanning (1)
- sample keywords for resumes for admin personnel (1)
- sample key personal (1)
- sample for simple resume (1)
- sampel resume for key personnel (1)
- your cv was extremely (1)
- resumes of key personnel (1)
- resumes (cvs) of key personnel (1)
- resume of key personnel template (1)
- what is keyword in recruitements (1)
- template of key personnel (1)
- smart goals worksheet for recruitment headhunting industry (1)
- schedule of key personnel example (1)
- samples of resume of key personal (1)
- sample resume oil and gas sales pictures (1)
- sample resume of key personnel (1)
- successful resume example (1)
- sample of simpleresume (1)
- t resume examples (1)
- sample of key personnel (1)
- sample resume for key personnel (1)
- resume of key personnel example (1)
- recruitment hiring key words (1)
- examples of key personnel (1)
- example of resume(cv) of a key personnel (1)
- example of executive resume of key personnel (1)
- example key personnel (1)
- example for resume key personnel (1)
- dougles chan magic resume (1)
- cv template south africa (1)
- curriculum vitae of key personnel (1)
- credentials of key personnel sample (1)
- computer generated keywords human resources look for on resumes (1)
- a perfect resume singapore (1)
- fee simple sample resumes (1)
- process of magic resume search in monster (1)
- personnel sample (1)
- keywords monster cv (1)
- keywords for perfect resumes (1)