Being well prepared for a phone interview is very important because it is the bridge for you to be invited for an official face-to-face interview. Hence, you can be well prepared for the phone interview by knowing some of the possible questions the interviewers may ask you. Preparing well and adequately for the potential phone interview questions will not only boost your chances of being invited to a face-to-face interview, it will also boost your ego and confidence in the upcoming face-to-face interview.
Before we look at the possible questions to be asked by the interviewer, we also need to understand the reason why a phone interview is conducted.
Before we target the potential questions asked in a phone interview, we ought to understand the reasons why a phone interview is being conducted. According to my personal experience on conducting a phone interview, these are the reasons for going through the additional step of telephone interviewing.
- To assess the confidence level of the candidate
- To assess the language proficiency of the candidate
- To assess the candidate’s ability to express him or herself
- To assess the candidate’s ability to sell themselves over the phone by asking tough questions.
- To listen to the voice of the candidate and see if the voice is suitable for the job. Although this is not an interview for a singer, the voice of the person does determine the suitability for the job itself in some cases.
- To assess the energy level of the candidates; some jobs require a high, positive level of energy within their voice and attitude.
- To filter out those who do not meet the minimum requirements.
Common Phone Interview Questions By Interviewers
- What are your current job duties?
- Why do you want to leave your current employment?
- What will be your notice period?
- What is your current salary?
- What is your minimum expected salary?
- Who do you report to in your current job?
- Are you willing to take part time or contract-based jobs?
- Can you explain what will be the daily activities of your job?
- Do you have any skills in_______?
- Can you elaborate on the software that you use? What do you really do with the software ______ on the job?
- Where are you currently residing?
- Do you have any children?
- Are you currently studying?
- Do you have a driver’s license?
- What are your career objectives?
I hope the Phone Interview Questions above give you a head start so that you are more prepared in your job search!
Dougles Chan is The Recruitment Guru, a Personal Mentor, Business Advisor and also a Web Sales Expert who assists clients in their business needs for recruitment and sales, specializing in creation of sales, leads, and traffic in many industries including employment agencies, advertising agencies, gifting industry, education industry, training industry, software industry and many others. His clients come from Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom, USA, South Africa, Germany and many other countries.
He is the author of Job Seekers Power Manual and recruitment agency manual – Financial Success in Recruitment Industry, which has received tremendous praise from job seekers, CEOs and directors of companies all over the world.
If you are seeking for someone to train and mentor you or to brand and create more sales and generate leads for your side, you can speak to Dougles Chan to see how you can use the latest techniques and technology to your advantage. He will be able to blend the most effective way with the least cost to get things done in the shortest time. Dougles can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +(65) 93880851