8 Key Reasons Why You Can’t Find a Job
For many, finding a job is tough. Garnered from years of experience in interviewing thousands of candidates, below are what I have found to be the key reasons why a candidate will not be able to get a job. I hope this will help you in identifying the key issues, and from there, perhaps, you can make some changes and get the job that you want. Good luck!
1) Expecting too much in salary – If your qualifications and experience are not there, do not expect the market will match your expectation.
2) Believing the wrong information – If news and surveys on a career or job site says that you should be getting $X salary per month, don’t trust them one hundred percent. Surveys and reality are very different.
3) Did not insert your photo in your resume – Your photo says a lot about you; make sure you put the best of the best in that resume.
4) Did not have a great resume – if your resume is not up to the minimum standard, you will never pass the first round. They will not even ask for an interview. It’s sad to say that nine out of ten of the resumes I have seen did not match the minimum standard. In fact, in most of the resume guides out there, the techniques are so outdated that I want shake my head when I read them….
5) Does not match the requirements of the advertiser – If you are not a 70-80% match for what they are looking for, sending your resume to them will be a complete waste of time. Look at the requirements carefully, before you send your resume. Target the right job advertisements and you will be able to get the job easier.
6) Not totally prepared for the interview – You need to know the position you are applying for, the company background, the competitors, and many other things. Do your homework first. The HR personnel will know if you are not prepared; they are too experienced for any tricks.
7) Giving negative answers during interview – Remember that you must NEVER give any negative views about anything when you are being interviewed. Once you have done that, you are out!
8) You do not express any passion or sincerity about the job – If the interviewer has this feeling about you, it is very likely that you will not be successful. So, feel passionate about the job; make them feel that you really like this job, but do not overdo it. It is a thin line between the two.
I hope these tips will help you in your job search!
Dougles Chan is The Recruitment Guru, a Personal Mentor, Business Advisor, and also a Web Sales Expert who assists clients in their business needs in recruitment and sales, specializing in creation of sales, leads, and traffic in many industries including employment agencies, advertising agencies, gifting industry, education industry, training industry, software industry and many others. His clients come from Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom, USA, South Africa, Germany and many other countries.
He is the author of Job Seekers Power Manual and recruitment agency manual – Financial Success in Recruitment Industry, which has received tremendous praise from job seekers, CEOs, and directors of companies all over the world.
If you are seeking for someone to train and mentor you or to brand and create more sales and generate leads for your side, you can speak to Dougles Chan to see how you can use the latest techniques and technology to your advantage. He will be able to blend the most effective way with the least cost to get things done in the shortest time. Dougles can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +(65) 93880851
Incoming search terms:
- sample resume in the philippines format in business] (6)
- dougleschan com 8-key-reason-why-you-cant-find-a-job (4)
- simple resume sample philippines (3)
- how to write a job resume format (2)
- how to make a resume in the philippines (2)
- resume format for experienced candidates pdf (2)
- how does a professional resume look like (2)
- resume sample of applying job in the philippines (2)
- cv form for program director (2)
- resume format experienced candidates (1)