With the onslaught of many new agencies setting up everywhere and the market open itself to more dimensions, the loyalty for a recruitment consultant staying in a company for many years is a distant memory. You see, the business of recruitment agency can be easily duplicated and apparently when one of the top recruitment consultants in a company reaches the top sales for a few months…..Greed and EGO take over….
Many people who work in a recruitment agency handles the clients and candidates directly and when they make over $10,000 – $20,000 per month in sales, they will be a tendency for them to believe that they can earn more IF they were to start on their own.
What happen is that they will talk to many potential investors and eventually one of them who are not in the industry will be willing to pump in the money and of course that recruitment consultant will automatically become the Managing Director of the new company.
When the new agency is set up, the Managing Director will stop to do sales and even there are new job orders, they will push them to the new consultants. Being trained by the previous manager who kept everything by themselves, the skills the new MD had learned will also be limited and most likely have not really has the experience runing a business before. They only know how to talk to clients and talk to candidates!
- Sourcing for the best place to work (Office). Most people were slaughter by this because they have no idea what is the best deal in the market, 9/10 of them will be misled by the commercial agents as they are not IN the market.
- Creating a brand that has a deep impact. Many people think this is redundant because they are not into marketing and branding and of course they do not know it is EXTREMELY important. The fact that the brand says a lot about yourself and if you cannot create the difference, you will be like any of them out there.
- Recruiting the right staff, most of them who are a recruitment consultant fail in their selection of the candidates because many of them are not even trained how to do so, they just go through many hundreds and thousands of resume and they believed they are good interviewers.
- Leadership and retention – This will kill many. Seriously speaking, these things usually does not exist in the new MD themselves because they are not trained how to do so….however many still believe they are good in these areas!
- Understanding the industry – Most new agencies does not even know about the Market Tumours and when I explained to them the MT, most just stared blindly to me and at a lost of words because I had decoded the entire recruitment agency industry and tear it apart to bit and pieces where they have not seen before.
- Managing the cost of operating, most of the new MD does not have this skills because they are not trained at all.
- Generating sales – basing on the 80/20 rules, 8 of your consultants will not be producing and only 2 will produce, with that the salary will be more than the sales and any logical investor will pull the plug eventually. If the investor is the MD himself, he will feel even more painful in this issue.
- The MD will need to incorporate new ways to generate new consultants, new clients and new candidates because they will find that the previous method they use will not yield good returns….
- Training – Your staff needs training in almost all areas, most of them they do not believe it is a need to train staff, well if the skill set of the company staff is not up to standard, eventually the sales and clients will go elsewhere!
Anyhow, managing a recruitment agency is not easy as it seems, it takes more than hard work and sales to make it happens. You will need to focus, innovate, positioning, branding, change and adept to be able to make it big… Good luck!
Dougles Chan is the recruitment Guru ,a Personal Mentor, Business Adviser and also a Web Sales Expert that assist clients in their business needs in recruitment and sales, specialised in creation of sales, leads and traffic in many industries including employment agencies, advertising agencies, gifting industry, education industry, training industry, software industry and many others. His clients comes from Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom, USA, South Africa, Germany and many other countries.
He is the author of Job Seekers Power Manual and recruitment agency manual – Financial Success in Recruitment Industry which had received tremendous praises from job seekers and CEO and Directors of companies all over the world.
If you are seeking for someone train and mentor you or to brand and create more sales and generate leads for your side, you can speak to Dougles Chan to see how you can use the latest techniques and technology to your advantage. He will be able to blend in the most effective way with the least cost to get things done at the shortest time. Dougles can be contacted at email@example.com or you can contact him at +(65) 93880851
Incoming search terms:
- recruitment agency (12)
- recruitment agencies (6)
- agency to set up company in singapore (3)
- top 10 recruitment firms (2)
- strategic management (2)
- top recruitment agencies in singapore 2012 (2)
- following business steps (2)
- dougleschan com why-most-new-recruitment-agency-will-not-last-more-than-12-18-months (2)
- business people recruitment (2)
- steps to success (1)
- top 10 agencies singapore graphic (1)
- singapore recruitment firms market share (1)
- the best consultant in singapore going to australia (1)
- talk to consultant about starting a recruitment company (1)
- talk to a recruiting consultant (1)
- success steps (1)
- steps for success (1)
- steps to success logo and images (1)
- top 10 recruitment agencies in singapor 2012e (1)
- why recruitment is not working (1)
- why google does not believe in recruitment agencies (1)
- why company need employment agencies (1)
- where to find candidates to recruit singapore (1)
- what are good terms from recruitment agency (1)
- very cool recruitment companies (1)
- top ten recruitment agencies in singapore (1)
- top 10 best names for recruitment company (1)
- top rated singapore recruitment agencies (1)
- top notch recruitment agency singapore (1)
- top job agencies singapore 2012 (1)
- top 10 recruitment agency at mom singapore (1)
- singapore recruitment consultant to talk (1)
- setup staffing business in australia (1)
- how to talk with candidates and clients in recruitment field (1)
- how to generate leads for employment agency\ (1)
- how to become a recruitment consultant al (1)
- how recruitment consultants talk to clients (1)
- how long does it take to recruit people for temping agencies (1)
- how do people make money from recruitment (1)
- how candidates should manage recruitment agency (1)
- earning a lot of money as a recruitment consultant (1)
- downhill business (1)
- do recruitment agents look at your facebook profile? (1)
- cool recruiter office (1)
- last tendency in online recruitment (1)
- loyalty from recruitment (1)
- setting up recruitment agency in singapore (1)
- recruitment consultant memory (1)
- recruiting agency tool (1)
- proposal for managing a recruitment agency (1)