Do you want to become a recruitment consultant? Do you think you have what it takes to become a successful recruitment consultant in Singapore? If you want to become a recruitment consultant you should take note of the followings:
- You should be outgoing
- You must not be shy
- You can call anyone over the phone, which means you have to do tele-marketing
- You must be very good in MS words and MS excel
- You should be able to speak and write fairly good English
- If you are able to converse in mandarin will be good though, although it is not compulsory
- You must be willing to do over-time when necessary (Without the over-time pay!!!)
- You should have good coordination skills
- You must be able to do face-to-face interview with the candidate
- You must be able to do SALES…that’s right…SALES
- You MUST be able to withstand HIGH pressure. Which means that you will have to achieve your sales target, if not the manager will pester you and give you plenty of pressure you have never seen before.
- If you are still reading this…that means you are still interested to be a recruitment consultant…. read on
- If you are a Diploma holder, you will be paid from S$1,500 to S$1,800 as a base salary, maybe slightly more….
- If you are a Degree holder, you will be paid from S$1,800 to S$2,400 as a base salary, don’t ask for $3,000, it will never happen!
- You will be most likely have a commission for every closure and your commission will vary from 3% to 10% per deal, some desperate agencies will give more but the targets are quite impossible to be reached.
- Above based salary will be based on you have no relevant working experience.
- If you have some relevant working experience, you can expect another 10-30% of the amount above.
- You will be expected to work like a slave and have not much life if you choose the wrong company
- You can earn and take back home around S$3,000 to $5,000 if you work super hard and extra smart.
- 80% of the recruitment consultants may not last with the same recruitment agency for 3 to 6 months because most are not able to meet the target.
- Your sales target will be usually 4 or 5 times your salary, which means that If your salary is $2,000, your sales target will be $2,000 x 4 = $8,000 or $2,000 x 5 = $10,000 every month. Some of them will give you even a target of $20,000 – $30,000 per month, well that are those companies which are already out of the market.
As a recruitment consultant it is a very interesting job and with good potential and prospects if you are the right one, however, you will not only have to work hard but work very smart. Check our my other articles on the 3 MUST C’s You Need to Know to Get New Clients for Recruitment Agency and using twitter to find clients.
Last but now least, I wish you a fantastic journey in this recruitment consultant career, ALL THE BEST!