5 TIPS TO AN AMAZING RESUME! Need help with your RESUME? I brought my multi-passionate friend Jazz – who’s had an interesting and diverse career. @LIFEBYJAZZ has been both the interviewer and interviewee and has a diverse career as a social media manager in the corporate world, happens to be brand guru, yoga instructor, bartender and so much more. She has really learned how to showcase the best and most hirable skills and is sharing her resume tips with us in todays video.
SUBSCRIBE to my channel for the latest videos: http://goo.gl/AlZhsT
1. Don’t Be A Basic – Use active and engaging words and verbs to describe your experience or skillset.
– Use a thesaurus or word bank to find inspiration for your basic words
– Don’t use the same verb or adjective to describe more than twice
2. Brag Queen – A resume is a place to showcase the time you’ve invested into who you are. Use the job descriptions as an opportunity to feature achievements, projects and milestones you’re proud of!
– If you deal with sales, quotas, conversions highlight specific numbers you’re proud of
3. Do You Boo – Showcase YOU & what makes you unique through the resume design, including your interpersonal and technical skills.
– You can download modern designed resume templates to showcase your tech & aesthetic edge
– Include volunteer work, specific software programs, platforms and websites that you have experience working with.
– FREE resume templates: http://bit.ly/1JFuTO3
4. Get Social – Showcase your website, blog or social media links that feature your work experience.
– Make sure that your personal & professional social media links are professional and represent you as an honorable candidate
– Get on Linked In
– Look into a recruiting agency that’s right for you
5. Tailor Fit – Make sure that each resumer is tailored to the job description you are applying for.
* ProTip – Use key verbs and adjectives in the job description in your resume.
At the end of the day, creating a killer resume is about knowing yourself, being confident about what you have to offer and communicating in a way that the company receiving it can hear you loud and clear.
W A T C H T H E V I D E O
Interview Skills Video: http://bit.ly/1LG8cPw
How to Network & Make Friends: http://bit.ly/1qdV07j
F T C : N O N E
G E T T O K N O W M E
M U S I C B Y
G E E K I N F O
Filmed and Edited by me 🙂
S H O P M Y T E C H G E A R
If you do I’ll earn a commission!
camera: Quicktime Screen Shot
audio: H4N Zoom Mic: http://amzn.to/1Se3jhF
editing: Final Cut Pro X