WANT TO BECOME A GOOD RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT?
Apparently many recruitment consultants in the market are facing the impression that they are lousy consultants in such a way that many candidates are very unwilling to find a job via a recruitment consultant. Well, to be very fair, not all consultants are lousy; there are many good ones out there. There are even great ones out there….
Let’s look at how normal, or “not so good,” consultants can position themselves to be GOOD recruitment consultants:
1) Try to respond to every CV/resume that you receive. Even an auto-response is appreciated. Candidates will not want to send their CV to you if there is zero response.
2) Only ask them for an interview when you have a job that is a really good fit. If you are a consultant and ask the candidates for an interview, but if you give them the impression that you have nothing on hand, it will be a total waste of time for them. Usually, candidates do not like consultants who do this.
3) Give more professional advice to them in their resume writing, interview skills, and how they ought to dress. If you show them sincerity, they will appreciate it.
4) Follow up with them if possible, once you receive their CV. Give them a ring or drop them a short note via email; it is a good start in this professional relationship.
5) If you have arranged the interview, and the client does not feel good about it, it is always best to advise them about the situation, even if it is bad news—it is still news. If you were to keep quiet about it, the candidate will feel even worse.
6) Advise them on the actual job duties in as much detail as possible. If you are unsure, please make an effort to find out from the client. If you were to talk “rubbish” and bluff your way through, you will lose this candidate forever and your name will be ruined in the market.
7) Never sell the job for the sake of closing the case. I do really understand that there are always KPI and targets to hit, but things will get even worse if you were to sell the job and then things did not work out well for that candidate and the company. If that were to happen, not only will you not hit the KPI, your manager or your boss will grill you upside down!
8) Be honest, be real, and be what you are. Pretending and acting will not get you too far….
Cheers and be the next Good Recruitment Consultant…..
An article by The Recruitment Guru – Dougles Chan
Dougles Chan is the author of Financial Success in Recruitment Industry, Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula & Job Seeker Power Manual. He is the advisor for his clients who want to push their company or agency to a higher level. He mentors and trains individuals to personal success in recruitment business. He can be contacted at @ (65) 93880851 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming search terms:
- how to be a good recruitment consultant (34)
- good (22)
- how to be a successful recruitment consultant (12)
- how to become a good recruitment consultant (7)
- how to become a successful recruitment consultant (5)
- how to be successful in recruitment consultant (5)
- being a recruitment consultant (4)
- kpis for recruitment manager (3)
- kpi in recruitment industry (3)
- how to be a good recruitment resourcer (3)
- being recruitment consultant (3)
- how to become the right recruitment consultant in the eyes of the candidate (3)
- good recruitment consultant (3)
- recruitment consultant success stories (3)
- recruitment consultant pdf (3)
- good consultant (2)
- being a good recruitment consultant (2)
- tips on being a recruitment consultant (2)
- how to be a good resourcer (2)
- recruitment tips for consultants (2)
- how to be a successful placement consultants (2)
- interview questions for recruitment consultant (2)
- how can i be succesful as a recruitement consultant in singapore (2)
- how can placement consoltents with requiter (2)
- top tips for recruitment consultants (2)
- recruitment consultants good : bad (1)
- sample recruitment manager kpi (1)
- recruitment consultant tips finding candidates (1)
- what makes a good staffing consultant (1)
- recruitment consulting names ideas (1)
- recruitment consultant dress code singapore (1)
- recruitment consulting issues with the job (1)
- manual for being a recruitment consultant (1)
- learning how to be a recruitment consultant tips (1)
- recruitment consultant tips talking to clients (1)
- recruitment consultants winnig formula free pdf download (1)
- something to learn in 2 hours (1)
- template for asking recruitment consultant to forward the resumes (1)
- very good recruitment photos (1)
- what a recruitment consultant should ask candidates (1)
- what can a good recruitment consultant bring to a company (1)
- what do recruitment consultants sell (1)
- what is a placement consultant (1)
- what is involved in being a recruitment consultant (1)
- what makes a successful recruitment consultant (1)
- what makes a successful recruitment consultant? (1)
- to be a successful recruitment consultant you need? (1)
- tips to become a recruitment consultant (1)
- the recruitment consultant winning formula book in pdf download (1)
- tips for successful recruitment consultants (1)