Want To Become a Great Recruitment Agencies Consultant? Here are 40 great tips to help you become a super consultant:
- Make sure your presentation skills are very good; without good presentation skills, you will not survive very long in this industry.
- Learn your industry very well; excessive learning is always good.
- Always be friendly; nobody likes to be with someone who is not.
- Maintain a good relationship with your colleagues, especially your manager.
- Ensure that your BIG boss at the very top likes you, or else you will not be with the company for long.
- You need to put your EGO in the recycle bin. There is no room for EGO on your desktop in this industry.
- Working smart is better than working hard; the working hard “concept” is already outdated.
- Clients are very important, and so are candidates. Treat them both well and with great respect.
- Make a great effort to ensure you do a great job for the candidates you are helping; they, in turn, will bring you more great candidates than you could ever imagine.
- Learn the following technology: email marketing, blogging, Twitter marketing, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, search engine marketing, search engine optimization, and Google Display ads. They will help you in many ways.
- Learn what C-Marketing is all about.
- Make an effort to workout or exercise every single day for at least 20-40 minutes. Even walking for 30 minutes is good.
- Read books about your industry—at least 30 minutes per day; it will help. You might just grad something that can push your billing amount to a higher lever.
- Smile when you meet someone, even if they are your enemy. A fake smile is better than a sincere frown.
- Learn the art of creative writing; good writing skills will help to attract more candidates and even clients.
- Maintain good family relationships; great relationships at home will help you bring your best self to your work.
- Don’t jump to another company just because they promise you an increase in salary or a better job title. It will never be worthwhile in the long run.
- Keep learning everyday; if you never learn, you will lose touch. Be it reading, listenting to audio that are useful, even Youtube.com is a great resource to get valuable content that will make your skills better.
- 19. Most newspapers are full of gossip and crap; learn to read only news that is important.
20. Understand you will have 10-20 “Nos” before you will get a “Yes” from the clients, so keep on going; never give up.
21. Gossiping is never beneficial. Stop doing it.
22. Two heads are usually better than one. If you need to cooperate to get things done, so be it.
23. There is always a solution for every problem. Do not just ignore the problem, hoping it will go away.
24. During working hours, please do your work. That’s all, nothing more.
25. Learn the 80/20 rule. You will go very far with this.
26. Never miss any chance to network with people. This is the best way to build a wider network of friends, clients, and candidates.
27. Always keep at least ten business cards with you; you never know when you will need them.
28. When you pass your business card to someone, tear the side of the business card or do something really surprising. This will ensure the other party remembers you.
29. Get a full copy of the Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula here. If not, get the trial copy. You will be able to learn some tricks.
30. Get an iPad or a Samsung tablet with a mobile Internet connection; from there you can work anywhere. Even a second-hand tablet is worth the cost.
31. Download the Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn apps onto your phone or tablet. It will increase your efficiency. There are some hidden features that will delight you!
32. Get a coach or trainer who is able to show you the short-cuts. It is always worth it in the long run.
33. Master the email system you are using, especially “Outlook.” There are plenty of available functions that will raise your level of efficiency.
34. When dealing with clients, candidates, and co-workers, remember the word SINCERE is very important, and use it SINCERELY.
35. ONLY surround yourself with motivated people, because you will definitely go much further with them.
36. When a problem arises, ask yourself: How can I make it better? Don’t ask: Why is this happening to me?
37. Good questions will lead to good answers; bad questions will bring you to bad directions.
38. Earning $5,000 per month and earning $50,000 per month require totally different strategies and methods. You will need to redraw the drawing board.
39. You must know what you are really capable of doing; assuming is not always a great way to start. Sometimes you will need a neutral third party to share with you some insights that nobody else will tell you. A good accountant may not be a good businessman, and a good businessman is most likely not a fantastic accountant, if you know what I mean.
40. Print these 40 great tips for recruitment consultants, paste them on your desk, and re-read them again and again.
Dougles Chan is the author of Financial Success in Recruitment Industry, Recruitment Consultant Winning Formula & Job Seeker Power Manual. He is the advisor for his clients who want to push their company or agency to a higher level. He mentors and trains individual to personal success in recruitment business. He can be contacted at @ (65) 93880851 or email to email@example.com
Other powerful articles you will be keen on