Although Qi Men Dun Jia on record is about 5,000 years of history, it gets only more well known in the 1980-1990 period where there are many people started to learn in China during that period. The different school of Qi Men Dun Jia had evolved to many different types and sects and many are involved with religious and using spirituals to attract followers.
In fact, the original Qi Men Dun Jia does not involved in using spirituals and religious, it is just a pure sciences using Astrology’s concept in space, time, energy, human, earth and universal energy (Some referred as heaven). At such, when you learn qi men dun jia, you should try to focus on one type that is suitable.
We will not debate which school is good or better, just that this type of metaphysics will also evolved over time. So the general type of schools are in 4 categories, which divided as below:
1. Year Qimen school 年家奇门 Nianjia Qimen
2. Month Qimen school 月家奇门 Yuejia Qimen
3. Day Qimen school 日家奇门 Rejia Qimen
4. Hour Qimen school 时家奇门 Shijia Qimen
In older days, people used Year Stem to calculate, and slowly move to monthly stem and until modern days, to adept to the fast changing world, the hour Qimen methods is adapted.
In the current era, most people used Hour qimen methods for better accuracies. And in my Qimen lessons, you will be learning will be Hour Qimen school 时家奇门 and it is also divided into 2 basic categories
1. Chai Bu Method (拆補)
2. Zhi Ren Method (值潤)
But do you know, in Chai Bu method, it is also divided into rotating Method (转盘) and Flying Palace (飞宫) method? Zzzz
Basic of Chai Bu Method
- Hour Method, divide the time into hours and minutes.
- Does not involve in anything mystical or religion.
- Offers an overview of the energy at present of the heaven, earth, man luck with time and space.
- Divide into 2 hours space, in one day of 24 hours, there will be 12 slots.
- Provide much high accuracies compared to many other Chinese metaphysics. (According to many people.)
** Take note that there are also many other variations of Qi Men Dun Jia where they used different techniques.
Now, you have an overview the schools of Qimen, here are some useful tips for you to learn Qi Men Dun Jia more effectively.
- Qimen is a skill, the more you practice, the better you will be. Make sure you practice the right thing. That is, you must master the basics because this is the foundation for you to move on to learn more specialized knowledge.
- For Qimen, you should not study in a hurry, you have to study even slowly and carefully. Remember “slowly but surely”.
- Do you know the law of attraction? That is, the cosmic power will give you what you truly believe in and wish it to happen. Therefore, you should put your trust in the accuracy and efficiency that Qimen brings to you. Only then, that belief can become the driving force, helping you to learn more productively and effectively.
- A small tip to help you get more excited is to invite a friend to study with you. I believe that your friend will help you review your knowledge or come up with new perspectives on Qi Men Dun Jia with you.
As with any subject, you must find your own methods to study well!
Well, anyways, so if you are interested to learn Qimen from a Qimen teacher, then you should find one that you can specialized on and become an expert in it. Good luck!
If you prefer to understand the different type of Qi Men Dun Jia using a video, you can see how Teacher Dougles sharing with his students on this types of schools in the video below.